Vacancy for Guernsey International Poetry Competition Administrator
Employment Basis: Self Employed
The Guernsey International Poetry Competition is an international poetry competition organised by the Guernsey Literary Festival. There are 3 different categories, all offering their own prizes.
Handling the administration work for the Guernsey International Poetry Competition including but not necessarily limited to:
• Arranging all advert placements in relevant poetry magazines.
• Arranging print and production of the poetry competition leaflet.
• Arranging print and production of the poetry pop-ups, adverts for the buses and relevant displays.
• Collating the submitted poems for the relevant judges.
• Dealing with relevant queries from competition entrants.
• Liaising with the senior festival administrator as required.
• Assistance during the festival period with administrative duties related to the competition.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive, and the nature of our work requires everyone to be flexible. You may be required to take on such reasonable additional and other responsibilities and tasks as we need from time to time.
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office and Google)
• Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Professional and articulate
• Enthusiastic about the work of the Guernsey Literary Festival
• Ability to work collaboratively
• A maximum of 120-man hours over a festival period, predominantly the 6 months from August to Jan.
How to apply:
For more information on the role and to apply please contact Mandi Rutter, Senior Festival Administrator, in the first instance: [email protected] or 07781-143545.
The deadline for applications is 2 June 2023.