Vacancy for Festival Administrator
Employment Basis: Self Employed
The Guernsey Literary Festival is one of the highlights of Guernsey’s arts calendar bringing some of the world’s greatest writers, speakers and thinkers to the island as well as celebrating local writing talent. With events for all interests and ages, the Festival is a unique opportunity to come together to celebrate the written word.
As a result of its success, The Guernsey Literary Festival is seeking to fill the following role:
Handling all the speaker/publisher administration work for the Festival including but not necessarily limited to:
• Arranging all travel and accommodation for each speaker.
• Preparing contracts for each speaker based on template provided and dealing with all queries in relation thereto either from the speaker or from their agent.
• Liaising with the volunteer coordinator regarding collection and return of the speaker to the airport/ferry terminal.
• Receiving and collating all Speaker Information Forms for the Festival.
• Collating and distributing speaker schedules/goody bags.
• Arranging AV requirements for speakers for their events.
• Assisting during the festival period with administrative duties.
• Liaising with the senior festival administrator as required.
You may be required to take on such reasonable additional and other responsibilities and tasks as we need from time to time.
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office and Google)
• Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Professional and articulate
• Enthusiastic about the work of the Guernsey Literary Festival
• Ability to work collaboratively
You would be one of the main contacts for the speaker/agent for the festival and we have around 50 speakers per festival.
A maximum of 400 man hours over a festival period, predominantly the 6 months from December to May, excluding the steering group attendance. The estimation for how these hours may break down in as follows:
Dec: 25 hours
Jan: 75 hours
Feb: 75 hours
Mar: 60 hours
Apr: 50 hours
May: 115 hours
This would also include attendance at steering group meetings and to provide such assistance during the festival period as might be agreed between the parties.
How to apply:
To apply please contact Mandi Rutter in the first instance: [email protected] or 07781-143545.
The deadline for applications is 2 June 2023.