Oct 1, 2018
Would you like to be involved at the heart of one of Guernsey’s biggest Arts events?
The increasingly successful Guernsey Literary Festival, now organising it’s 7th event, is looking to appoint an Administration Assistant to work closely with the existing Administrator. This is a voluntary position which will give you the chance to be involved in so many aspects of the Festival. You would be working closely with the existing Administrator to ensure the smooth running of this hugely successful event.
The job would entail dealing with the following:
1. Permissions: Environment – planning and traffic, Commerce and Employment, Treasury & Resources (States Property Services), Police, Traffic, St Peter Port Constables, Bailiwick Estates.
2. Booking of the Festival Hub and all arrangements concerning it, including contacting Fire Service to ensure that all regulations are met.
3. Booking of furniture etc to go in Hub (and/or elsewhere). Also the moving of planters and organising of labour where necessary.
4. Booking of venues and liaising to make sure everything is in place.
5. Checking Speaker requirements re AV/furniture/presentations.
6. Booking of all AV equipment for venues.
7. Co-ordinating children’s party (equip/food etc)
8. Dealing with Principal Security – booking in advance and working out schedule for cover of festival.
9. Dealing with stock of bags/t shirts – i.e. ordering, collating and keeping stock.
10. Volunteers – liaising with and helping Gillie, our volunteers director.
11. Assisting in Market Square/venues during festival.
12. Helping with Speakers’ Contracts or any other tasks.
This would be a part time post; hours would be variable during the year, but overall would amount to 15-20 hours per week – flexibility to do more than 20 hours per week during the run-up to and during the Festival would be required.
For more information please e-mail [email protected] or call 07781-13545
If you wish to apply then please submit your curriculum vitae as above.